Dr. Preethi Ramachandran, MD, FRCP, FRCPath
Speciality Hematology / Oncology
Subspeciality Internal Medicine
Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India
Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Preethi Ramachandran MD, is a board-certified physician specializing in hematology and oncology with Mid America Cancer Care, located in Kansas City, Mo. She is affiliated with Research Medical Center and the network of HCA hospitals in the Kansas City metropolitan area. In addition to being board certified in Hematology, Oncology and Internal Medicine, Dr. Ramachandran is dual trained in Oncology and Hematology in both USA and UK. She has many years of expertise in hematological malignancies and benign hematological disorders. She also has specialized training in hematopathology and has experience to authorize bone marrows and peripheral blood smears, bone marrow harvesting, aspiration, and biopsy. She has extensive training in many chemotherapy treatments and therapy prescriptions with both intensive and non-intensive regimens.
After completing her Medical school in India, she did her residency and a five-year fellowship in Hematology in the United Kingdom. She then went on to complete her residency at Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio followed by fellowship in Hematology and Oncology at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. Ramachandran is passionate about teaching and has been part of many research studies and clinical trials. Much of her research work is with both solid and hematological cancers, with many being published in peer reviewed journals. She is a member of the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, Royal College of Physicians (London), Royal College of Pathology (London), and many more.
- Ramachandran P, Erdinc B, Morcus R, Gotlieb V. 2330 Acute Leukemia Developing in a Patient With Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol ACG. 2019 Oct;114:S1301.
- Ramachandran P, Kaur A, Yadav R, Joseph G. 1443 Hypercalcemia as the First Presentation of an Underlying Rare Variant of Adenosquamous Cholangiocarcinoma. Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol ACG. 2019 Oct;114:S800.
- Ramachandran P, Oluyadi F, Boypati L, Yadav R, Avezbakiyev B. 2340 Almost Fatal: An Unusual Case of Focal Nodular Hyperplasia in Cirrhotic Liver Mimicking Cholangiocarcinoma. Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol ACG. 2019 Oct;114:S1304.
- A Rare Case of Advanced Urethral Diverticular Adenocarcinoma and a Review of Treatment Modalities – Fatai Oluyadi, Preethi Ramachandran, Vladmir Gotlieb, 2019 [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2324709619828408
- Ramachandran P, Joseph G. A Rare Case of Non-Umbilical Cutaneous Metastasis as a First Presentation of a Very Aggressive Pancreatic Cancer — A Case Report and Review of Literature: 1363. Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol ACG. 2018 Oct;113:S781.
- Acute Kidney Injury in COVID-19 Patients: An Inner City Hospital Experience and Policy Implications – Abstract – American Journal of Nephrology 2020, Vol. 51, No. 10 – Karger Publishers [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/511160
- Ramachandran P, Morcus R, Tahir M, Onukogu I, Spinowitz B, Wang JC. Alectinib (Alecensa)-induced reversible grade IV nephrotoxicity: a case report and review of the literature. J Med Case Reports. 2018 Oct 19;12(1):303.
- An Unusual Presentation of Merkel Cell Carcinoma in a HIV Patient: A Case Report and Literature Review – Preethi Ramachandran, Burak Erdinc, Vladimir Gotlieb, 2019 [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2324709619836695
- Ramachandran P, Farag F, Morcus R, Gotleib V. Autoimmune Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia: Treatment Obstacles and Challenging Length of Stay. Am J Case Rep. 2019 Mar 9;20:310–3.
- Erdinc B, Ramachandran P, Yadav R, Sahni S, Joseph G. Cholangiocarcinoma Presenting as Humoral Hypercalcemia of Malignancy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Cureus [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29];11(12). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6984189/
- Ramachandran P, Kathirvelu B, Chakraborti A, Gajendran M, Zhahid U, Ghanta S, et al. COVID-19 in Cancer Patients From New York City: A Comparative Single Center Retrospective Analysis. Cancer Control. 2020 Jan 1;27(1):1073274820960457.
- De Novo CD5+ Primary Gastrointestinal Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Challenges With Treatment and Clinical Course – Preethi Ramachandran, Sonu Sahni, Jen C. Wang, 2019 [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2324709619893546
- Wang J-C, Shi G, Josan K, Ramachandran P, Gotlieb V, Joseph G, et al. Defective Autophagy in MPN Were Predominantly Detected in Megakaryocytes in Philadelphia Negative (Ph -) Myeloproliferative Neoplasm. Blood. 2019 Nov 13;134(Supplement_1):5386–5386.
- Agrawal S, Ramachandran P, Gill R, Spitalewitz S, Gunzler D, Silver MR, et al. Erythrocytosis is associated with intradialytic hypotension: a case series. BMC Nephrol. 2019 Jul 2;20(1):235.
- Farag F, Morcus R, Ramachandran P, Pasrija UR, Wang JC. Fever of Unknown Origin due to Primary Hepatic Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma: A Case Report. Cureus [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29];11(3). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6510566/
- Gamma-Delta T-cell Lymphoma: An Overview | IntechOpen [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/peripheral-t-cell-lymphomas/gamma-delta-t-cell-lymphoma-an-overview
- Ramachandran P, Onukogu I, Ghanta S, Gajendran M, Perisetti A, Goyal H, et al. Gastrointestinal Symptoms and Outcomes in Hospitalized Coronavirus Disease 2019 Patients. Dig Dis. 2020;38(5):373–9.
- Ramachandran P, Perisetti A, Gajendran M, Chakraborti A, Narh JT, Goyal H. Increased Serum Aminotransferase Activity and Clinical Outcomes in Coronavirus Disease 2019. J Clin Exp Hepatol [Internet]. 2020 Jun 30 [cited 2020 Nov 29]; Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0973688320300967
- Low morbidity and mortality with COVID‐19 in sickle cell disease: A single center experience – Ramachandran – 2020 – eJHaem – Wiley Online Library [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jha2.87
- Chen P, Ramachandran P, Josan K, Wang JC. Pancytopenia and TTP-like picture secondary to pernicious anaemia. BMJ Case Rep CP. 2020 Jul 1;13(7):e235288.
- Onukogu I, Ramachandran P, Narh J, Sahni S, Joseph G. Paraneoplastic Pemphigus: An Indication for Treatment in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Cureus [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29];12(5). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7320649/
- Erdinc B, Ramachandran P, Boris A. Polycythemia Vera Presenting With Normal Hemoglobin and Hematocrit: A Rare Variant. Cureus [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29];12(6). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7331897/
- Prehospitalization Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use and Clinical Outcomes in COVID-19 | medRxiv [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.12.20151084v1
- Zahid U, Ramachandran P, Alasadi L, Bedi P, Shurin S, Wang JC, et al. Prevalence of acute kidney injury in myeloma patients visiting U.S. emergency departments: A nationwide analysis. J Clin Oncol. 2020 May 20;38(15_suppl):e20548–e20548.
- Ramachandran P, Morcus R, Taha H. Primary Gastrointestinal De Novo CD5+ CD23+ Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL): A Different Treatment Approach: 2547. Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol ACG. 2018 Oct;113:S1418.
- Wang JC, Shi G, Wong C, Gotlieb V, Ramachandran P, Chen H. Quantification of IGF-1 receptor is useful in the differential diagnosis of essential thrombocytosis from reactive thrombocytosis. Eur J Haematol. 2019;103(6):573–7.
- Quantification of IGF‐1 receptor is useful in the differential diagnosis of essential thrombocytosis from reactive thrombocytosis – Wang – 2019 – European Journal of Haematology – Wiley Online Library [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/ejh.13323
- Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients | medRxiv [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.29.20143081v1
- Iftikhar A, Cheema MAI, Ramachandran P, Sahni S. Sarcoid-like reaction associated with renal cell carcinoma – A case report. Respir Med Case Rep. 2019 Jan 1;27:100847.
- Ramachandran P, Boyapati L, Joseph G. Scalp Metastasis as the First Presentation of an Underlying Aggressive Pancreatic Cancer. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2020 Jan 1;8:2324709620931667.
- Farag F, Morcus R, Ramachandran P, Josan K, Wang JC. Tetrasomy 8 Associated with a Poor Prognosis in Acute Monoblastic Leukemia: A Case Report. Cureus [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29];11(2). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6464145/
- Kodali S, Ramachandran P, Richard IN, Wang J-C. TTP-like syndrome associated with hemoglobin SC disease treated successfully with plasma and red cell exchange. Leuk Res Rep. 2019 Jan 1;12:100179.
- Unexplained chronic cytopenia: is it idiopathic cytopenia of undetermined significance or myelodysplastic syndrome | BMJ Case Reports [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 29]. Available from: https://casereports.bmj.com/content/12/10/e231323.abstract
- Ramachandran P. Unusual Presentation of Hodgkin Lymphoma with Limbic Encephalitis (Ophelia Syndrome). 2016 Jul 15;
- American Board of Hematology
- American Board of Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- Royal College of Pathologists ( Hematology), London